1944 Ford M20 Armored Car
Built by the Ford Motor Car Company at Chicago plant
Used in Europe by the 704 Tank Destroyer Battalion, fought in the Battle of the Bulge and continued to serve till VE day Used in peace duty in Europe and return to the US in the late 1940s, served with the USAF Security Forces in the 1950s.
1943 HAND CART M6 A1
Built by John Wood MGR CO
M6 A1 carts were the rarity in Europe, most were turned into the common trailer the M3 A4. The M6 A1 was designed for the 81 mm Mortar crews to be carried or pulled by the Cushman scooter
1941 WHITE HALFTRACK
GPCX A/S32A -31B
Aircraft Towing Tug
2004 AM General M1123
Vehicles 1/4 and up
2000 GROWLER JEEP
1941 Harley Davidson WLC #2047
Under a licensing agreement between Canada and HD, motorcycles were produced in Canada for their army. First production was in September 1941, numbers beginning with 1100 to 2200.
This cycle was shipped to England and was transferred to US Army in January 1942 and used to escort General officers.
September 1944, cycle was put into service with the 82nd Airborne and landed the southside of the Waal river bridge. This cycle is intact with motor and frame matching numbers
1942 WILLYS JEEP #12666
Built by the WILLYS JEEP company at their Toledo plant on March 26, 1942. This jeep saw service in Europe in the 4th ARMOR DIV, and was brought back to the US as personal baggage of Col Robert Taylor a wealthy cattle rancher in Colorado. Stayed in the family until purchased by Detroit Arsenal Museum.
Cushman Model 53 G 683
This vehicle was designed for Airbourne operations giving the paratrooper a greater range of movement. Scooters were outfitted by driver to fit the usage.
Several trailers were were built to be pulled by this scooter. Today most scooters can be found in Europe.
1943 Ford GTB Burma Jeep
1 1/2 Ton Jeep truck frame, used by US Navy, Marine Corps in the Pacific and Free French forces in Europe
1940 BSA Airbourne Bicycle
To improve mobility of the Airbourne troops, these bicycles were designed to be jumped into combat by the paras, used by both American and British troops were the key to rapid movement