1942 Ford GTB Burma Jeep
M 151 A 2 JEEP
This vehicle is under restoration into
1942 Marine Corps colors.
1953 GMC M135 truck and trailer
The Diamond-T Model 969 Wrecker was built on the same G-509 chassis. Diamond-T began building the 969 series in 1941. After less than two dozen were built using civilian components, the instruments and other parts were changed to military standard and the designation became 969A. Both closed metal cabs and open, soft-top cabs were built for the 969A. The soft-top cabs could be fitted with a machine gun ring mount. There was a 969B model for export, but these were not used by U.S. forces.
1942 Cadillac Blackout model
We own 2 of these vehicles, one will be in
1942 US Marine Corps colors and other in
USA colors of 1942
Dodge M37 was the second most successful Military vehicle only to the Jeep. It was a design change to its WWII model the WC, it was 24 volt system instead of 12. long wheel base, more fuel and speed. It also was 3/4 ton up from 1/2 ton. These models stay in service though 1970's and with National Guard units into the 1980's.
Our 1942 Cadillac limousine was one of the fleet staff cars for General Dwight D. Eisenhower. This car was General Eisenhower's staff vehicle while he was stationed in England and further in Germany at the end of the war. Our vehicle was in the European theater of operations from 1942-1945. The car tours with our other museum pieces to public events throughout the year.
W/ FRONT & REAR WINCHES 20,000lbs and 45,000 lbs Crane CUMMINS 6 CYLINDER DIESEL ENGINE, RATED 295 HP W/ ALLISON 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND POWER STEERING
Donated by Con Way freight 85,000lbs tow for Medium and Heavy
Mission: Transport, deploy, recover and evacuate combat-loaded main battle tanks and other heavy tracked and wheeled vehicles to and from the battlefield. Description and Specifications The Heavy Equipment Transport System (HETS) consists of the M1070 Truck Tractor and the M1000 Heavy Equipment Transporter Semi-trailer. The HETS transports payloads up to 70 tons – primarily Abrams tanks. It operates on highways worldwide (with permits), secondary roads, and cross-country. The HETS has a number of features that significantly improve the mobility and overall performance of the system in a tactical environment. The M1070 tractor has front- and rear-axle steering, a central tire-inflation system, and cab space for six personnel to accommodate the two HETS operators and four tank crewmen. The M1000 semi-trailer has automatically steerable axles and a load-leveling hydraulic suspension. Tractor Length: 358 in Tractor Width: 102 in Trailer Length: 622 in Trailer Width (at rear bumper): 144.8 in Tractor Curb Weight: 41,000 lbs Trailor Curb Weight: 50,000 lbs Payload: 140,000 lbs Engine: 500 horsepower Detroit Diesel Transmission: 5-speed automatic Speed: 40-45 mph on highway (25-30 mph with 70 ton payload) Range: 300 mi Fording: 28 in Air Transportability: C-5A and C-17 Manufacturer Tractor (Oshkosh Truck - Oshkosh, WI)
The M20 Armored Utility Car, also known as the M20 Scout Car, was a Greyhound with the turret removed. This was replaced with a low, armored open-topped superstructure and an AA ring mount for a .50 caliber M2 heavy machinegun. Bazooka was provided for the crew to compensate for its lack of anti-armor weaponry. The M20 was primarily used as a command vehicle and for forward reconnaissance, but many vehicles also served as APCs and cargo carriers. It offered high speed and excellent mobility, along with a degree of protection against small arms fire and shrapnel. When employed in the command and control role, the M20 was fitted with additional radio equipment. Originally designated the M10 Armored Utility Car, it was redesignated M20 to avoid confusion with the M10 Wolverine tank destroyer. 3,791 M20s were built by Ford during its two years in production (1943-1944). Crew: 4 plus 2 passengers Curb weight: 12,250 lbs. Height: 91 inches Width: 8 ft, 4 in. Length: 16 ft, 5 in. Engine: Hercules JXD 6 cyl, gasoline Horsepower: 86 Transmission: 4 fwd speeds, 1 rev Transfer case: 2 speed Road Speed: 56 mph. Range: 250 mi. Fording depth: 2 ft, 8 in.
The 2 1/2 ton cargo truck supported the lifeline of the Allied armies in WWII , carrying supplies and soldiers to the front. Over 800,000 were built during WWII, with many variations produced for various tasks. The most common was CCKW-353 flatbed cargo truck, which had an off-road cargo capacity of 2 1/2 tons and a paved road capacity of 4 tons. With its bulletproof reliability and 55mph top speed, it ferried much-needed supplies, medicines, food, and fuel to help the Allies win the war. This truck was made famous in the RED BALL EXPRESS running supplies from channel ports to front line armies, using a ONE WAY road system.
Light Source: 1 inch Carbon Arc Power: 78 Volts @ 150 Amps Candle Power: 800,000,000 (800 million) Effective Beam length: 5.6 miles Effective Beam visibility: 28~35 miles Glass Weight Totals: 75 lbs Brass Rhodium Coated Mirror: 180 lbs GENERATOR: Generator Power: 15 KWV nominal - 16.7 KWV max.(15,000~16,700 watts D.C.) Powered By: Inline 6 cyl. "Hercules" Flathead Engine~~ Light Source: 1 inch Carbon Arc Power: 78 Volts @ 150 Amps Candle Power: 800,000,000 (800 million) Effective Beam length: 5.6 miles Effective Beam visibility: 28~35 miles Glass Weight Totals: 75 lbs Brass Rhodium Coated Mirror: 180 lbs GENERATOR: Generator Power: 15 KWV nominal - 16.7 KWV max.(15,000~16,700 watts D.C.) Powered By: Inline 6 cyl. "Hercules" Flathead Engine.
built September 1941
U.S. Army needed a motorcycle for its combat divisions. Harley and Indians motorcycles completed 2 different models. U.S Army required 550 cc horsepower engines. Indian motorcycles met their requirements. Harley had a 750cc model already in production, with a few minor changes to meet U.S. Army needs. When tested, the soldiers liked the Harley over the Indian. The Army had both companies build their motorcycles.WLC means built in Canada, when these bikes reached England, America was at war and these bikes were grabbed by US Army Quartermasters and returned to US service. Today only a handful remain, this model is the rarest to remain, most are in Europe in collections or museums. John Lind is the proud owner of this motorcycle. The bike was sold from the 4th Armored Division museum in Germany. After a restoration period this bike again runs and takes part in many historical events. During WWII this bike belong to the 82nd AB Division, and took part in Operation “Market Garden” in Sept.1944. Damaged during the battle, the bike was repaired and returned to service with the 4th AD, taking part in the “Battle of the Bulge”. This motorcycle was placed in the 4th AD museum for over 40 years.
The museum proudly owns this 1942 Willy's Jeep complete with mounted bazooka. In 1939 the U.S. Army invited 135 companies to submit proposals for a new military vehicle to replace its aging fleet of motorcycles and Ford Model T trucks. Only three companies complied: Ford Motor Company, Willys-Overland, and American Bantam Car Company. The initial contract went to Bantam, but their vehicle proved to be a failure under rigorous testing. New prototypes were then ordered from the other two companies. Willys ultimately won the contract in July 1941. Ford agreed to build from Willys' plans and Bantam built trailers for the Willys vehicle. The Ford entrant in the design competition was called the "GP," which in Ford parlance stood for "Government 80 inch wheelbase Reconnaissance Car." (Willys called their design the "MB.") When slurred, "GP" led to the name "jeep," which stuck to the small four-wheel-drive vehicle even though the Willys design actually won the competition and Ford ended up building the Willys design. The Willys Jeep was powered by a four-cylinder engine that could run at 4,000 RPM for 100 hours straight. The transmission was a three-speed manual, with a four-wheel-drive transfer case with high and low gears. The vehicle featured a fold-up cloth roof. The Jeep could run 60 miles per hour, climb a forty degree slope, turn around in a 30 foot circle, and tilt up to 50 degrees to either side without tipping over. It could even run under water, with special attachments for air intake and exhaust. Over 350,000 Jeeps were built to fight in World War II. The Willys assembly line turned out one every 90 seconds. Following the war, public demand was so high that Willys continued producing the Jeep in tremendous numbers, re-designated as the "CJ-2A" ("CJ" for "civilian Jeep"). The vehicle was produced for the Army in continually improved versions until 1981, when it was replaced by the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (the "Hummer").